#IfIwasPrez, #JustSaying, #ODPolRants – Here is what I would change about gun control:
1. Give the National Instant Criminal Background Check System money to modernize and streamline its check system. Give the group the funds to digitize its firearm register (mostly still in paper form) .
2. I hate the Fed government as much as the next guy, but I really believe the it should be at the Fed level where the back ground checks and gun permits should be issued. States can add their own laws as long as it does not trump Fed rules. Hire independent auditors to keep everyone clean.
3. If you are convicted of a felony you have lost your rights to ever own a gun again. If you have been diagnosed with a mental illness you have to submit to a 3 psychologist panel every year to keep your right to own a gun.
4. Enforce the laws we already have on the books for gun control, we need fewer laws not more.
5. Get rid of gun free zones, its your right to carry a gun as a American. A armed society is a polite society
Taking guns away is not the answer, because you never stop somone from getting it if they want to. Take a look at the war on drugs for proof.